Hi I'm Gary Miller!your BIOKINETICIST
I am a qualified biokineticist and sports scientist, having graduated from the University of Pretoria – BA HMS (Hons) Sports Science and Biokinetics – and obtaining the BASA award for best biokinetics student in 2015. The past few years have seen me working at the university’s High Performance Centre and in private practice in Pretoria.
Now I work as a biokineticist in Somerset West, serving the greater Helderberg region, and am available for home visits should you be unable to visit the practice.
In my spare time I love running, hiking and exploring the surrounds and am also a avid sports fan.
Taking a client-centric, balanced and conservative approach in my sessions – I’m passionate about empowering my clients in their rehabilitation and training journeys.
I’m looking forward to meeting you and working with you to achieve your goals. Let’s make it happen!
“Client-centric, balanced and conservative approach”
Bio + kinetics = life + movement
Using the philosophy of “life through movement”, a biokineticist is an allied health professional and exercise specialist registered with the HPCSA.
A biokineticist prescribes scientific-based physical activity programmes to promote overall health and quality of life, maintain physical abilities and carry out final-phase physical rehabilitation.
People of all ages and walks of life, special population groups and athletes can all benefit from biokinetics sessions, which are fully customised to your individual needs and goals.
How can I help you?
Orthopaedic rehabilitation and injury prevention
- Orthopaedic conditions
- All muscular and joint injuries
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation
- Posture conditions and assessments
Cardiac and neuromuscular rehabilitation
- Improve cardiac condition and manage illness
- Coronary heart disease, heart surgery, history or heart attack
- Parkinson’s, strokes, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy
Chronic disease management
- Diabetes and cholesterol
- And more
- People living with disabilities
- Children and the elderly
Hydrotherapy and water aerobics
- On-site heated pool
- Arthritis, osteoporosis and other conditions
Sports and high performance training
- Injury prevention (“prehab”) and rehabilitation
- Strength and conditioning
- Performance testing
- Qualified sports scientist
- General health and wellness screening
- Medical aid assessments
- Ergonomics advice
- Truwellness can host broker and wellness days at your facility
Medical aid assessments
- Discovery Vitality and Momentum Multiply
- Fitness and health assessments
Sports massage therapy
- Services also available at The Truwellness Centre